Forgot Password?

Sacred Heart School

Cancellation Procedures


Where will I find school closing announcements?


Any early dismissal or emergency closings of school will be announced over KDRO Radio (1490 AM), KSIS Radio (1050 AM), KSDL Radio (92.1 FM) in Sedalia, KXKX (105.7 FM) in Warrensburg, and KMMO (102.9) in Marshall.

We will also attempt to utilize the following television stations to communicate the information: KOMU TV 8, Columbia; ABC TV 17, Columbia; WDAF TV 4, Kansas City and KMBC TV 9, Kansas City.

Mrs. Siron will update the web site & after January 1st, 2012 an OptionC Parent Alert will be sent.

Mrs. DeGraff will also update OptionC announcements in the event of closings or early dismissals.



Snow Schedule

Delayed Start Procedure

Should it be deemed that holding school is possible but a delayed start necessary the following guidelines will be utilized.


1) School will start at 9:00 AM on a snow schedule delayed start day.


2) Homeroom will be dropped.


3) First, Second and Third hours will meet on a rotating schedule.


4) Lunch schedules and the remainder of the day will run on the normal schedule.


5) There will be no school masses on a snow schedule delayed start day.


6) In order to accommodate working parents, supervision will be available in the

school commons and cafeteria beginning at 7:30 AM. The administrators will coordinate early supervision.


7) Faculty members who are able to get to school safely at the normal time are asked to help with supervision as students arrive.




When Do We Cancel School?


There are a number of factors surrounding whether or not we close school and when we return after a bout of winter weather. First of all, we will take the lead of the Sedalia #200 School District. They work hard to monitor road conditions and forecasts and are very gracious about sharing that information with us.


There are times though when our decision will be different from theirs, especially in regard to returning to school after enduring a winter storm. Some of the factors we have to weigh are these:


1) Condition of side streets around the school.

2) Condition of parking lots and sidewalks.

3) Forecasts for later in the day.

4) Temperature and wind chill. (Even though we do not run buses, we do have faculty, staff and students who travel daily from Warrensburg, Marshall, Knob Noster, Houstonia, Tipton, etc. etc. Should someone in this travel situation become stranded en route to or from school they could be faced with a very dangerous situation.)


There is often not a clear cut decision available. We simply weight the factors and risks from above and make the decision we feel best at that particular time. There are occasions where it is deemed safe for the majority and we do choose to have school. In those instances some families, based on their individual circumstances, choose not to send their children for safety concerns. Sacred Heart School respects those decisions.